Sunday, September 15, 2013

Springtime Jam

The summertime fruit was ripe early this year, so before school was even out, strawberries were ready.

We get our strawberries from Boxx Berry Farm and they are delicious!!  I get the processed berries, they are cleaned, stems taken off and then sliced.  It isn't much more than picking and saves my back and me listening to my older kids whine "Are we done yet?"

E and I made the jam this year!


She is quite the helper.  She enjoyed smashing the berries and being in the kitchen with mom.


I think we ended up with 52 jars of homemade strawberry freezer jam this year.  I wish that I could say that would last us for more than a year, but my kids love homemade strawberry freezer jam, so we will be lucky if it lasts us until next strawberry season.  YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment